1. Ceremonies are performed seven days a week every day of the year. Give us a call to schedule your Officiant at Lake Hening at +1 804-244-2302
or +1 571-234-3645
. (Scheduling is not done through the Courthouse or County.) Our $100 fee (the fee never changes) covers our Officiant at Lake Hening. There is no fee for the use of the venue)
2. You can obtain your marriage license at Henrico Courthouse, and get married the same day at the same complex. (Weekdays Only, except Holidays)
3. Civil, non-religious, religious, and Christian Ceremonies performed seven days a week by a full-time wedding minister: not fake weddings that are often performed by a civil marriage celebrant, justice of the peace, or magistrate.
4. All Guests are Welcome! Witnesses are not Required! (If Necessary, each couple or their guests must provide their own chairs.)
5. All brides have the wonderful opportunity of walking down the aisle before all of their family and friends
7. Feel free to dress casual, semi-formal, or formal for your Ceremony. You may also have attendants (i.e., bridesmaids, groomsmen, flowers girls, ring bearers, etc.) Make sure everyone dresses for the weather.
8. Ceremonies scheduled more than one month in advance are only scheduled in the morning, and the fee must be paid up front.
9. In the event of rain or snow, Ceremonies are performed undercover at the Courtyard Fountain Area of the Henrico Courthouse Complex. If you are unable to obtain your marriage license, because of courthouse closings, your marriage ceremony will be postponed.
10. We also perform Ceremonies at the specified locations of our Brides and Grooms for a higher fee.
11. ALL INDOOR CEREMONIES ARE PERFORMED AT THE LOCATIONS OF THE MARITAL COUPLE. ALL CEREMONIES PERFORMED AT THE LOCATION OF THE COUPLE REQUIRE A MUCH HIGHER FEE.
12. After dark weddings are performed at the WEDDING PLATFORM at the same complex, or at the location of the couple for a higher fee.
13. All weddings performed by other court authorized officiants at the Henrico Government Center must be scheduled with that officiant. Henrico Government Center Venues cannot be reserved. Lake Hening Park sometimes accommodates more than one wedding at a time because of its size. The rain/snow venue also can accommodate more than one wedding at a time.